About Josée Morin, Engineer, MBA, Corporate Director
After successfully starting two technology companies that were sold to US corporations, Josée Morin has proven her ability to think strategically and deliver bottom-line company growth. Josée is a consensus builder and experienced bilingual Corporate Director, contributing to boards through her expertise in risk management and IT governance.
Skills and Expertise
Corporate Governance, IT and Enterprise Risk Management, Strategy, Operations, Equity and Venture Capital Financing, Executive Compensation
Information Technology, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Defense Technology, Finance
- Growth Strategies – Co-founded two software companies later sold to large US corporations (EON Media, sold to Cardinal Health and Taleo, sold to Oracle).
- Risk Management – Conducted IT Risk Management reviews and evaluated the risks of hundreds of business plan and investments proposals.
- Private Equity Financing – As a COO and an advisor raised over $40M.
- Operations – Increased operational results for Customer Support, R&D, IT and HR teams that developed, installed and supported products in North America. Ensured compliance with strict IT privacy and security legislation.
- Business Development – Negotiated deals and partnerships with more than 25 large US corporations and hospital chains.
- Corporate Director – 15 years of experience on private companies, investment fund and not-for-profit boards.
- Mentor with Bio-succès, 2013
- Recipient of the most promising MBA in Quebec award, Association des MBA du Quebec, 2006
- Selected by the US embassy to participate in the US International Visitors Program, 1999
- President and founder of SAT, a Quebec City women’s networking group focused on technology and business, 1996
- Holds the patent and receives royalties for SHIPIR, a software to simulate the defense of ships against infrared threats, 1994
Corporate Governance Leadership
- 2015 CBDC Diversity 50
- Speaker on governance and technology
- ITAC Women on boards registry
- Chairs Audit committees
- LinkedIn writer on Governance and Risk Management
- Read my latest article: Adapting the role of the board in an age of exponential change
- Collège des Administrateurs de Société, Certified Director, C.Dir., ASC (2007)
- Laval University, Master in Business Administration, MBA (1993)
- Laval University, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree (1985)
Read an interview with Josée Morin on networking by WGOB
For more information, contact Josée